The day started with an amazing rain storm, which made trasfer by rib to Craignure an interesting and challenging experience. We arrived safe but soaked on dry land for the first time since the start of our voyage, Sue the medical purser organised our very own bus to take us to Duart Castle. The single track road snaked along the coastline in tornential rain and a force 8 gale! the castle was as impressive as you may remeber from the film Entrapment starring Sean Connery and Cathrine Zita-Jones and the picturesque backdrop with the mighty Tenacious in the sea overlooking the loch was majestic!
The 13th century building was dramatic both in its position and its stature with walls over 3 feet thick. The spiral staircase took you to the battlements where beautiful views were dampened by the Scottish weather.
The Sails on the Tenacious (variation on the theme of the wheels on the
1. The sails on the Tenacious go flap, flap, flap.
All the time.
2. Happy hour with Charlie is fun, fun, fun.
All hour long.
3. The food we eat is yum yum yum.
Thank you Graham.
4. The wind and the rain goes splash, woosh, splash.
All through the storm.
5. The dolphins by the boat go eek click eek.
Its really true.
6. The boat goes rock, rock, we go bleurgh.
All voyage long.
7. The graveyard watch is really fun, not.
All 4 hours long.
8. We've got to man the braces, 2-6-heave.
Until the yard is round.
9. Its been a fab sail to Oban.
10. We'll see you all on another trip.
This legendary song is composed by Vikki, Celia, Hari and Quentin. Fun times