Today was a day of training - we have done evacuation drills, hands aloft and bracing, all before lunch (we had it a little bit late). To allow everyone chance to recover, they had the chance to spend an afternoon in St Malo, before dinner. It's not so nice as it has been - the sun has gone away and it even rained this afternoon - time for the winter woollies.
Well the bad news is that the wind has got very strong and it's direction is such that leaving St Malo was not a sensible idea today, so the captain has decided that we should not leave today. This is a bit disappointing, but common sense has to prevail. However, this means that we cannot leave until tomorrow evening, so Steve, the mate has organised a coach trip to Mont St Michel, which most people are going on, clutching their packed lunches.
Hopefully our next installment will have tales of seafaring exploits