We remain at anchor off the Helford River and are likely to be here until at least tomorrow morning. Yesterday evening, a barge came from Falmouth and managed to go some way towards extricating both anchors from the tangle. However, it was decided that it was necessary for divers to go down to complete the task. At 0730 this morning, the diving boat duly appeared but the sea and wind state precluded any operation on the grounds of safety. The wind was gusting up to 35 knots from the north and there was a rough sea running. The weather is forecast to moderate this evening and another effort will be made tomorrow morning. All being well, the plan is to head for Brest on Wednesday and shelter there from the next forecast gale. Later in the week, we aim to cross the Bay of Biscay and head for Cascais, our final destination. Crew in good spirits and eagerly awaiting the inter-watch quiz being organised tonight by Ronan, our Medical Purser! We are all putting on weight as a result of Hammy's marvellous food.
Chris Knox. Aft Starboard Watch